ALICIA R. GREEN - SCOTT, MA, LPC-S CLINICALLY CERTIFIED MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONAL
Child, Adolescent and Adult Treatment / Individual, Family and Group Counseling
Ms. Alicia is a highly skilled, compassionate, empathetic, and solution – focused medical professional dedicated to providing exceptional care and implementing effective treatment plans for children, adolescents, at-risk juveniles and adults experiencing or exposed to behavioral and emotional disorders, substance abuse and alcohol abuse, domestic violence, physical and sexual abuse, women issues, poor parenting skills, weight loss/management and employee related assistance. Demonstrates a good track record of success working with diverse populations in one-on-one setting and group settings. Effective motivator, communicator, and advocate with innate abilities to manage all types of personalities, diffuse stressful situations, proactively resolve issues and meet / achieve challenging goals and objectives. Innate ability to establish rapport quickly, trust building and interact with and relate to individuals on most levels. Proven leadership skills in staff development and group facilitation. Team oriented; consistently recognized for ability to establish and maintain solid relationships with co-workers, administration, and local, state and federal agencies. Strong interpersonal, organizational and analytical skills.
Individual Counseling Family Education / Counseling Group Facilitator/Leader
Crisis Intervention Client Assessment/Evaluation Case Presentation
Continuum Care Planning Treatment Analysis/Planning Weight Management
Couples Counseling Play Therapy Life Skills
Dual Diagnosis Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Substance Abuse
Report Generation Records Management Utilization Review/Mgmt
Supervision with Case Mgmt / Treatment Staff Mental Health Evaluation
Prairie View A&M University, Prairie View Texas
Masters in Counseling
Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) Texas (2007)
Licensed Professional Counselor Supervisor, Texas
KEY QUALIFICATIONS / HIGHLIGHTS OF PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Individual, group and family Counselor/Therapist with 15+ years of practical experience and capacities in a residential treatment, home-based, inpatient and community-based settings.
- Experienced in client assessment / evaluation and development / implementation of effective treatment plans.
- Perform individual psychotherapy.
- Proficient with DSM – IV Diagnosis’.
- Able to manage a high volume caseload.
- Assist in completion of court- ordered evaluations; Conduct specialized assessments for at- risk juveniles.
- Work with teen mothers. Conducted parenting workshops; Evaluate and report progress.
- Collaborate with Department of Family Protective and Regulatory Service, EAP’s, School Administrators/Professionals and Criminal Justice System officials.
- Expertise with Weight Management and Women’s Health and Mental Health Issues.
- Prepare clinical reports, consultations, Out-patient treatment referrals to Insurance provider representatives and other medical professionals.
- Oversee and assist with internal audits, local and state monthly and quarterly utilization reviews and audits.
CHRONOLOGY OF PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
ASCOT Counseling and Consulting, Houston, TX May. 2007 – Present
Texas Southern University, Houston, TX Nov. 2012 – Aug. 2013
Jaycee’s Children Center, Inc., Houston, TX Oct. 1998 – May 2008
MHMRA of Harris County, Houston, TX Oct. 1997 – May 1998
McDuffie’s Adolescent Treatment Center. Houston, TX Jun. 1996 - May 1997
Child Care Administrator
Jamie’s House Residential Treatment Facility, Houston, TX Jan. 1993 – May 1995
Direct Care Worker