Dave D Cole, Ph.D.
"I attempt to help my clients to overcome pain when life hurts. Life will present a number of challenges for my clients and I am there to assist them with these challenges. I believe our thoughts are the primary basis for our emotional responses. The trouble is that sometimes our thinking is not accurate and perhaps not even rationale. My clients and I work together so that they become more accurate and rational in their thought. The use of cognitive therapy has application to most life problems and is a proven method of intervention. A healing factor is that my clients know they are cared about amid their life pain.”
About Dr. Dave Cole
Dave Cole, Ph.D. is a Licensed Psychologist in Texas. He has been a practitioner in the field of psychiatry for more than 35 years. He started his career working in hospitals and residential facilities as a clinical supervisor and a psychotherapist, responsible for the management of both inpatient and outpatient clients in general psychiatry and chemical dependency. He has also worked for over 28 years in the area of Employee Assistance.
Clinical and Administrative Experiences.
With specialties in chemical dependency, employee assistance, and mental health disorders, Dr. Cole has held several leadership positions and played administrative, clinical, and supervisory roles for hospitals, patients, and staff in many health facilities. He was a clinical director of the University of Texas EAP program in Houston and of Horizon Hospital; a program coordinator for chemical dependency program of Orchard Creek Hospital in Rosenberg, Texas, and at Bayshore hospital Psychiatric Center in Pasadena TX; and chief of operations for an intensive outpatient substance Abuse program for adolescents.
Dr. Cole interned at Veteran’s Administrative Hospital in Houston and worked as a psychologist for Houston Police Department’s Psychological Services Department; providing individual and family therapy, assessment for fitness of duty, and critical incident stress debriefing. He served as a deputy chief of children’s outpatient services at Mental Health Mental Retardation Authority Administration in Houston. He designed and initiated practicum students curriculum for social work and psychology students in some of these facilities.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing from the University of Oklahoma, and
- Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from Oklahoma State University.
- He has extensive training and experience in use of Cognitive Behavior Therapy which he finds very effective with clients with depression and anxiety.
- He was also trained in critical incident debriefing with law enforcement and EMS departments.
Licensed Psychologist (LP),Texas.
Years of experience: 35+ years
Professional Affiliations Dr. Cole had affiliations with;
- American Psychological Association,
- Association of Black Psychologists,
- National Association of Drug Abuse Counselors, and
- National Association of Employee Assistance Professionals.
He has given many lectures in the area of cultural diversity, drugs in the workplace, conflict resolution in workplace, and workplace violence.
Dr, Cole provides services for patients of all ages and of diverse cultures;
Areas of focus
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD)
- Conduct Disorder
- Anger Management
- Developmental Disabilities,
- Substance Abuse,
- Other emotional and behavioral issues
- Personality Disorders
- Mental health Assessment and Psychological Evaluations.
Dr. Cole uses evidence-based therapeutic techniques and approaches that work best for his clients.