NANNETTE D. WILLIAMS, Ph.D.
Psychological and Consultation Services
"I engage in formal assessment procedures to aid my clients in identification of their strength and weakness. I provide consultative and direct services to children and families that include assessment, therapeutic, clinical, and crises services addressing mental health needs of individuals and their families. These services are provided to obtain diagnostic information needed to understand an individual's cognitive, emotional, and behavioral functioning with emphasis on lifespan development along with future potential. I also utilize therapeutic intervention services to aid clients in understanding how their core values relate to their functioning, and to address dysfunction in an effort to improve and reach their life goals."Dr. Nannette Williams
Dr. Nannette Williams is a Licensed Psychologist and certified as a Licensed Specialist in School Psychology. Her current employment includes duties and responsibilities of a Specialist in School Psychology at Fort Bend Independent School District. These job duties include assessments for special education, related services counseling, and consultation services to staff and parents concerning students that have special education services.
Clinical Experience Dr. Williams is a former Clinical Director of an Adolescent Day Treatment Program with Mental Health and Mental Retardation Authority of Harris County – Houston, Texas. Job responsibilities in this program included daily supervision and management of a day treatment program for children with mental health concerns. This program was an adjunct program affiliated with school districts located in Harris County, Texas.
- Administrator of jointly partial hospital setting for emotionally disturbed adolescence and their families.
- Coordinated activities with Houston Independent School District, Harris County Psychiatric Hospital system and various community agencies.
- Supervision of clinical staff of therapists, nurses, and interns.
- M.S. Clinical/School Psychology
- B.S. Psychology
- Minor: Special Education
Experience in school
Dr. Williams is a Licensed Specialist in School and has worked with Fort Bend Independent School District Sugar Land, TX, since 1990. Here she:
- Serves as an educational consultant for regular and special education programs. Instrumental in establishing disability eligibility for various student categories (IDEA and 504).
- Serves as a member of the Admission, Review, and Dismissal team to assist in development of individual educational plans including behavioral management strategies, and implementation of services to insure that students meet educational requirements as established by the Texas Educational Association.
Dr. Williams is a Graduate Program Training Director at Texas Southern University Houston, TX, since 2008. She also acts as a
- Supervisor of Doctoral and Master’s level graduate students in the school psychology internship program.
- Coordinator and supervisor of graduate program in psychology. Duties include securing practicum and internships sites, liaison and communication with site supervisors, troubleshooting problem areas and solving conflicts.
- Preparation of graduate students through coursework and exposure to resources that enhance skills and intervention strategies that aid in completion of Masters level degrees in the field of psychology.
Supervision Dr. Williams is also Practicum and Internship Coordinator for graduate level psychology students at Texas Southern University. This role includes supervision of practicum and internship sites for students pursuing a Master’s degree in School or Clinical Psychology.
Education/Training Dr. Williams training began at Florida A. & M. University in Tallahassee, FL. She earned both her Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree in Psychology. She later obtained her Ph.D. in Educational Psychology and Individual Differences at the University of Houston, in Houston. Texas.
Psychological Evaluation Dr. Williams conduct psychological evaluations and assessment services through Dave Cole, Ph.D. & Associates, Psychological Services & Consultants.
- Accommodation for testing
- Mental Health Evaluations
- Forensic Evaluations
- Custody Evaluations
National Association of Black Psychologists National Convention Committee
Houston Association of Black Psychologists Past President, Current Officer
Florida A. & M. University – National Alumni Association –
Fundraising Committee and Past National Convention Committee Member
Florida A. & M. University – Local Chapter – Committee Chairperson
National Association of School Psychologist – Active
Texas Association of School Psychologist – Active
National Black Child Development Institute, Active
National Association of Advancement of Colored People (NAACP)
The C.U.R.E (The Coalition of Urban Resource Experts), Active
Dr. Williams has also conducted many workshops, trainings, and lectures in the behavioral and mental health fields. She has also presented to school personnel, community, civic organizations, and collateral groups.
Licensures and Certification:
Licensed Specialist in School Psychology
Licensed Professional Counselor
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
National Certified School Psychologist